Foodie tour in the Karawanks
This scenic tour takes you from Lake Faak into the Karawanks, with beautiful views, and some of the best places to eat along the way – a paradise for foodies! We recommend to stop at one or more of these restaurants:
- Kirchenwirt in Finkenstein: “One of the best, if not the best place to eat steak in Carinthia!”
- Burgruine Finkenstein: “Great atmosphere with one of the best views of Lake Faaker See, great cuisine”
- Baumgartnerhof: “Country inn just like in a picture book, from the service to the kitchen”. This would be a small detour from the tour, but it’s worth it! Nice views over Lake Faak from the terrace.
- Martinihof: “Fresh, regional cuisine, great outdoor area in beautiful nature.”
- Buschenschenke Ischnig-Hof: “Great snack. Delicious cider, unique view of the Mittagskogel”. Ein An insider tip, somewhat hidden, turn right at the Martinihof! Open from 1 p.m. (closed on Mondays).
The main data of the route are as follows:
- Distance: 25 km
- Altitude difference: 500 m
- Pure cycling time without breaks: 1.5 hours
- Recommended rental period for this tour:
- without stop: 2 hours
- with stop(s): 4 hours+
The route can easily be followed with our GPX files. Download to Komoot or BikeGPX by clicking one of the buttons below.